Word on the street has it that Sony is currently working on outsourcing some production of image sensors used in digital cameras and cellphones to Fujitsu, where this move was most probabky done in order to cut costs as companies worldwide learn to live in the midst of tough global competition. No idea on whether this move will impact Sony’s employment numbers negatively or not, and neither do we have an idea on why selected sensor production will remain internal. Perhaps Sony wants to keep their new Translucent Mirror technology closer to home?
Next Story: Eclipse media player runs off solar power
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6