Word on the street has it that Sony is currently working on outsourcing some production of image sensors used in digital cameras and cellphones to Fujitsu, where this move was most probabky done in order to cut costs as companies worldwide learn to live in the midst of tough global competition. No idea on whether this move will impact Sony’s employment numbers negatively or not, and neither do we have an idea on why selected sensor production will remain internal. Perhaps Sony wants to keep their new Translucent Mirror technology closer to home?
Next Story: Eclipse media player runs off solar power
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)