Spotify might be in the spotlight at the moment with rumors of Apple purchasing it being a possibility, but today we aren’t going to dwell on said rumors. Instead, we have word that four major record labels are currently exploring the possibility of teaming up with Spotify, where this popular European streaming music service is attempting to make some headway Stateside. According to Spotify CEO Daniel Ek, the company is on the verge in signing on licensing agreements with the labels and launching in the US. It is ultimately all about the money, so we hope to see some deal inked in the near future. Still, it is highly unlikely that Spotify will be able to challenge the mighty iTunes service from Apple due to the latter being so much better entrenched in everyone’s psyche and its quality of content and delivery.
Next Story: Palm Pre 2 images for Rogers make an appearance
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2013-03-12: Spotify Has Over 24 Million Active Users, 6 Million Paying Subscribers
- 2013-03-05: YouTube Music Streaming Service Coming This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-02-13: Slacker Music Application Rebranded
- 2013-02-08: Spotify Beta Pumping Out Tunes On Windows Phone 8 Today
- 2011-11-29: Spotify to allow 3rd party app access?