We’ve already had a hands-on of the Samsung Transform, but here are the vital statistics and how all three models will stack up in the world of Android phones. As mentioned earlier, they will all support Sprint ID, but this will focus more on the hardware specifications than services delivered with each purchase. First off, the Android 2.2-powered LG Optimus S will feature a 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen display, a 3.2-megapixel camera, visual voicemail, Sprint ID, Wi-Fi (with hotspot capabilities) connectivity, GPS, 1500 mAh battery and microSD memory card slot, retailing for just $49.99 on a 2-year contract after a $100 mail-in rebate. The other two can be read up on in the extended post.
As for the Sanyo Zio, this is an Android 2.1 device that will sport a 3.5-inch touchscreen display, a 3.2-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi b/g connectivity, visual voicemail, Sprint ID, GPS, 1140 mAh battery and a microSD memory card slot, retailing also for $99.99 on contract after a $100 mail-in rebate.
Last but not least would be the Samsung Transform, which also runs the older Android 2.1 operating system, although it seems to be the beefiest among the three with a 3.5-inch HVGA display, a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi b/g and Bluetooth connectivity, GPS support, a 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash, a front-facing VGA camera, Sprint ID, an 800MHz processor, 256MB RAM and a 1500 mAh battery. It seems that Android 2.2 will be released later this year for the Transform, but that remains to be seen. You can bring this puppy home for $149.99 on a 2-year contract after a $100 mail-in rebate
Next Story: Sirius XM Sound Dock debuts
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Mini Carries Model Number LS885
- 2014-03-23: Sprint Galaxy S5 Pre-Orders Underway
- 2012-03-19: Sprint to get Galaxy Nexus and LG Viper April 15th? [Rumor]
- 2011-06-15: LG Q, Motorola Sunfire, Samsung Chief and LG Optimus B information from Sprint ID pack leak
- 2009-11-01: Sprint to offer Samsung Moment and Sanyo SCP-3810