Things aren’t looking up for iDEN network users, since Sprint CEO Dan Hesse just mentioned that his company will eventually shut down their iDEN network. This isn’t an option but will be carried out, although no timeline was attached to the process, and the shutting down will be performed gradually. This move was made to free up some channels to put CDMA services onto Sprint’s 800 MHz iDEN spectrum, at least that’s what Sprint’s head honcho says. Expect to see a slew of local and state municipalities looking for another wireless provider when the axe falls on the iDEN network.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: iden, Sprint,
- Seen at: fiercewireless