The average consumer probably won’t overclock their cell phone, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t folks who take an interest in such things. A user over at the XDA-Developers forum has confirmed that the T-Mobile G2 can be overclocked well past its 800MHz stock speed, all the way up to 1.42GHz in fact, though it became unstable at that point. When benchmarked using the new clock speed, the G2 managed to perform about twice as fast as the Nexus One that is powered by a 1GHz Snapdragon processor. A stock G2 is estimated to be on par with a Nexus One, despite its lower clock speed. The Linpack test has the smartphone churning out 46.5 megaflops of total performance, and completing a Native Benchmark test in as fast as 196ms. Check out a video of the overclocked T-Mobile G2 in action after the jump.
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: g2, overclock, tmobile, tmobile g2,
- Seen at: tmonews