[CEATEC 2010] Most people remember TDK as a magnetic tape company, but few know that TDK has always been making electronics components. These days, it is their main business again and at Ceatec, TDK was showing its OLED flexible displays. As you can expect, they are super-thin (paper-thin in fact) and they can display color images while being flexed/bended. TDK currently thinks about using them for wearable electronics. No real products was shown on the floor, and we’ve seen similar concepts for some time… What kind of gadgets would you like to see with bendable displays?
Next Story: Gestures User Interface by Hitachi
- 2013-10-03: TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-02: TDK Anti-shake Actuator
- 2012-10-02: TDK's contactless charging system makes it easy to charge your EV
- 2012-09-05: TDK Wireless Charging Speaker: A Neat Way To Charge Your Phone While Playing Music
- 2011-10-13: TDK juices up headphones and toy cars sans wires
- 2010-10-03: TDK has new flexible passive matrix OLED panel