TomTom has just launched its Roadside Assistance service for owners of TomTom GPS devices or its iPhone app. The service will maintain a directory of Cross Country Automotive Services partners on call to help drivers in the US or Canada arrange a tow, repair a flat tire, jump start a vehicle, deliver fuel, or other vehicle-related help. Owners of TomTom devices have the option of paying for the service on an annual basis or ad-hoc. The two types of subscription services include the TomTom Roadside Assistance Plus and Roadside Assistance Premium, priced at $50 and $60 per year respectively, offering up to $50 and $100 of coverage per incident. Individual instance charges will apparently be competitive, though it’s always best to check your prices first.
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-01-03: TomTom Go Series with TomTom Traffic
- 2013-07-25: TomTom To Add Real-Time Traffic To BlackBerry 10 Maps App
- 2013-02-14: TomTom Rider, A Motorcycle GPS Guidance System
- 2013-02-05: TomTom Launches TomTomTaxi iPhone App For Taxi Hailing Service
- 2012-10-04: TomTom for Android makes its way into the Google Play store
- 2012-08-29: TomTom for Android to be announced at IFA