Twitter is getting involved in the advertising game as the social networking company has introduced Promoted Accounts as part of “Suggestions for You”. The new feature suggests accounts that a user doesn’t currently follow and may find interesting. Promoted Accounts will be suggested based on a user’s public list of whom they follow. An example would be a person who follows several gaming-related accounts but not @xbox (which many gamers do), Twitter may then recommend @xbox to that person. The algorithm looks at the account’s followers and determines other accounts that those users tend to follow. If there are no relevant recommendations, no Promoted Accounts will be shown, so you shouldn’t have to worry about being recommended accounts that you have no interest in.RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: twitter,
- Seen at: blog.twitter