It seems that Wireless High-Definition Interface (WHDI) technology might be making their way to handsets as well as tablet devices from 2012 onwards. Currently, WHDI solutions will require a special chip as well as hardware, but a future iteration of this device will see the sharing of Wi-Fi radio, throwing in a small logic to Wi-Fi’s MAC, resulting in “WHDI in software IP” to mobile handset vendors. When WHDI is set in motion within a handset, the handset’s display will go dark, translating to large energy savings. We look forward to 2012 then.
- 2014-04-22 Cota Wireless Power Solution Works Even Beyond Walls
- 2014-04-04 Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-02-23 Dell Backs The Alliance For Wireless Power
- 2013-11-15 Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- 2013-07-10 Stickers Could Work As A Cheap Wireless Sensor Network