Fans of the massively multi-player online game World of Warcraft will be happy to know that the franchise will be releasing its next installment, Cataclysm, on December 7th. The third expansion will be available for $39.99 for Mac and PC systems either via DVD-ROM or a direct download, or users could purchase a Collector’s Edition from stores at $79.99. The first two editions had strong sales and Blizzard Entertainment, the game’s creator, is hoping to re-create successes of prior releases.
“Cataclysm includes the best content we’ve ever created for World of Warcraft. It’s not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “With the help of our beta testers, we’re putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months.”
Next Story: Mirasol Displays Coming to Smartphones Also
- 2014-04-18 Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-16 Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11 World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08 Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03 World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase