Xbox 360 users might be a little wary of updating the firmware on their console after there was a little problem last week with the Kinect firmware, but now Microsoft has sent notices to Xbox 360 owners that it will be pushing a required Dashboard update to systems on November 1st. The update is expected to bring about the new interface that will support Kinect navigation, better parental controls, Video Kinect chats and Zune Pass music support. Microsoft has also warned users that the update is mandatory and users who do not update will not have access to Xbox Live, though offline modes will continue to work, regardless of whether you install the update or not.
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots