YouTube has officially rolled out YouTube Leanback, a layout previewed a while back that is designed for 10-foot viewing on TVs where a long viewing distance is necessary. The interface removes the comments and many other distracting visuals while making important features easily accessible. Folks who use Google TV hardware will have the option of setting devices like the Logitech Revue or Sony Internet TV to use Leanback the first time they load YouTube from the regular interface. Such a move will definitely help YouTube become commonplace in the living room. Video after the jump.
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-03-03: Pakistan Could End YouTube Ban
- 2011-10-04: Miramax looking to partner with Google for Android, YouTube and Google TV