FireCore is getting ready to release its hack for the jailbroken $99 Apple TV called the aTV Flash (black), which will bring with it a web browser called Couch Surfer and the ability to listen to Last.fm streaming radio. The hacked applications suite costs $50 on top of the $99 asking price for Apple TV and is expected to be released as a beta in a few weeks. Couch Surfer is expected to support a few plugins in the future, though there’s no indication if Adobe’s Flash will be supported. The hack’s browsing feature should make Apple TV more competitive against Google TV, which is being released through third-party manufacturers such as Logitech.
Next Story: Failing Nokia N8 Suffering from Faulty Parts?
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-21 Apple TV Gets Three New Channels Today
- 2014-04-14 Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-04-01 LinkedIn Email Addresses Exposed Via Browser Plug-In Software
- 2014-03-30 Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2014-03-20 Facebook’s Hack Programming Language Aims To Deliver Faster Coding Process
- 2014-03-12 NSA Dressed Up As Facebook To Infect PCs With Malware
- 2012-01-02 MobileX hack on Apple TV