Dairy farming is a rapidly growing industry in China, turning it into a major new source of greenhouse gas emissions. The Huishan Dairy in northeast China is currently trying to change this by installing the world’s largest system for generating electricity by collecting methane gas emitted by fermenting cow manure. The new system will prevent methane, which is 23 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas, from reaching the atmosphere while also producing a valuable organic fertilizer that’s safer than raw manure. The farm is estimated to take the excrement from 60,000 of its 250,000 cows and converts it into electricity, generating 5.66 megawatts of power.
- 2013-04-15: Chinese Gamer Turns To Drug Dealing To Help Buy Virtual Goods
- 2013-03-29: Chinese Gamer Spends Six Years At Internet Cafe
- 2012-12-28: Elephant Eats Chinese Tourist's iPhone In Thailand Park
- 2011-10-12: Onyx Boox i62 e-reader coming soon
- 2011-06-07: Sina Weibo, the "Chinese Twitter" to compete against Twitter