If you’re looking to build your own robot, you’ll be happy to hear that the next version of the DARwIn robot is going to give its rival, Nao, a good run for its money. Pictures of the updated robot have started to circulate and one of the main attractions of the robot is the open source and modular nature of the hardware and software. The robot can be purchased as a product from Robotis and will apparently set you back $8,000. That being said, if you’re tight on the money side of things, you could always download the CAD files that are publicly available and fabricate the plastic parts yourself, as long as you have access to a 3D printer.
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland