Dish Network has announced that it’s selling Google TV packages based on Logitech’s Revue set-top box. As expected, the company will be subsidizing the device, lowering the price from the original $299 down to $179 for Dish customers who pay $4/month for the DVR service. The Revue will allow customers to access Google TV features alongside Dish’s dedicated programming data, DVR functionality and video-on-demand (VOD) content. In order to take advantage of the DVR, users must have a ViP-series satellite receiver such as the ViP 622, ViP 722 or ViP 722k. Users who already own a Google TV box can still take advantage of Dish integration; though they will not receive any refund for the offer price.
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-12-03: Driver Pleads “Not Guilty” For Wearing Google Glass While Driving
- 2013-07-25: Chromecast Support For Google TV Confirmed
- 2013-07-16: Google To Roll Out Online TV Service (Rumor)
- 2013-07-01: Google Reportedly Being Criticized By Smart TV Manufacturers
- 2010-08-19: Dish Network Survey Hints At Google TV Pricing Options