We’ve all see those wrist exercisers before, where we’re required to do the mundane task of giving our wrist some exercise (as if typing Facebook status updates weren’t enough). Someone out there guessed that the Dyna-flex wrist exerciser’s internals spun at a rather high RPM and decided to add a few magnets on the inside and coils on the outside to turn it into a generator. You can check out a video demonstration of this setup in action after the jump, generating 250mA at about 7.5 volts to drive the regulator and charge a cell phone. At least all the sweat that we put into our exercise is for a good cause!
- 2014-04-07: StoreDot Intends To Charge Your Handset In Half A Minute
- 2014-03-31: Knock-Off iPhone Charger Explodes, Victim Ends Up With Electrical Burns
- 2014-02-24: Vibrations From Car Harvested To Charge Devices
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-08-28: iPad Charger Explodes, Sends Man Flying ‘Across The Room’