The New York Times Bestseller List is pretty much an industry standard to what’s hot and what’s selling in the print world, and now the newspaper publication will soon add digital books to its list. Although the Bestseller List for printed books cover various categories, e-books will be broken into fiction and non-fiction.
Since 1935, The New York Times Best-Seller Lists have been the definitive metric that book publishers and authors have used to judge success. The Times’s eBook Best-Seller Lists are a natural extension of this important franchise as the proliferation of portable devices grows.
According to the NYT, sales information will be aggregated from a number of online sellers. “The Times is aggressively developing a means of processing and displaying the information necessary, and of verifying the data provided.”RELATED
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: digital books, e-books, new york times,
- Seen at: businesswire