EA Signs Five year Facebook Deal To Accept Facebook Credits As A Payment Method

It’s no doubt that Facebook is an important player at the moment and EA has just signed a five-year deal to use Facebook Credits as the only accepted method of payment for its games on the social networking site. According to the terms of the deal, EA will receive 70% of the revenue from the Facebook Credits while Facebook will pocket the remaining 30%. The Facebook Credits will allow users to play games and buy virtual goods within the apps. Such deals aren’t new as Facebook has already penned a deal with Zynga, the folks behind the addictive FarmVille game, giving it the same 70-30 deal as EA received. Will Facebook Credits be a major way of purchasing things in the future, or will it just be limited to games?

This article was filed in Homepage > General and was tagged with ea, Facebook and zynga.
Like us, and get the best stories

User Comments