Forrester Research predicts that ebook sales will surpass the $1 billion mark next year, while keeping their fingers crossed that this year will see a total of $966 million worth of sales. This is a vast improvement compared to last year that saw ebook sales of just $169.5 million, so this is an encouraging statistic for those who are mulling over whether to publish their next great novel electronically or not. It was found out that the average eBook reader already consumes 41% of books in digital form, so that does add to the final figure quite significantly as well. How will this translate to revenues in the good old paperhback and hardcover editions? Is it the same pie in different flavor, or is the pie enlarged?RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: ebook, ebooks, sales,
- Seen at: latimesblogs.latimes