E-readers seem to be dime a dozen these days, with many of them already hailing color displays. Well, Energy Sistem intends to add to the fanfare with their Color Book Series e-reader, which will sport a 5-inch LCD touchscreen display at 800 x 480 resolution, alongside a microSD memory card slot, a case which functions as a stand video playback and audio support, and the ability for you to read comics in a digital format. Hmmm, too bad electronic copies of comics won’t be worth as much as their paper counterparts, eh? The 2GB model which comes in either red or blue will retail for €129, while the 4GB white model and 8GB black model will retail for €145 and €159, respectively. Don’t expect anything fancy like Wi-Fi connectivity or an Internet browser here though.
- 2011-11-23: Kobo Touch introduced
- 2011-11-23: Nook Simple Touch going for just $79
- 2011-11-22: Kyobo e-reader hits South Korea
- 2011-11-14: Kobo Touch for under a Benjamin?
- 2011-11-10: Amazon's $79 Kindle costs $84 to make?
- 2011-10-19: Kobo Vox does the official dance
- 2011-10-10: Bookeen delivers the Cybook Odyssey