The spat between Facebook and Google looks like it’s still going on as users have reported that Facebook has removed Gmail from the list of third party email providers on its “Find Friends” service. Some users have also reported that new users who sign up with their Gmail account can still see the option to add friends from Gmail, but when they tried to do so, they were presented with the error message stating that “Everyone on this contact list is already on Facebook or has already been invited”, basically saying that it didn’t work. At this point, there doesn’t seem to be any ending in sight though we’ll be following the issue, so check back often!
Next Story: MIT Laser Camera Can See Around Corners
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-08: Mom Checks Son's Facebook, Saves Him From Getting Shot
- 2010-02-05: Facebook Email Coming?
- 2010-02-08: Google Hosting A Special Event On Tuesday
- 2010-02-09: Google flexes muscles against social networks