The Google Nexus One smartphone has taken first place when it comes to the next generation of Android operating systems at least twice in the past – with Android 2.1 Eclair and Android 2.2 Froyo. It seems that Android 2.3 Gingerbread, too, will be making its way to the Nexus One first before other handsets. This is a bittersweet development simply because it never really made gangbusters sales figures as most people would have thought, despite some rather beefy hardware, so it is strange to see the latest update rumored to arrive on the Nexus One first before others. A pre-Christmas release that is successful would bode well if Google wants to stem a potentially rising Windows Phone 7 tide.
Next Story: Angry Birds 2 confirmed
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2011-11-04: Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread is now the dominant Android version
- 2011-09-26: Nexus One gets Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 update
- 2011-08-25: Nexus Prime Confirmed by Accident?
- 2011-02-23: Google Gingerbread rolling out to Nexus One and Nexus S
- 2010-12-06: Nexus One Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update Happening in a Few Weeks