The LG Optimus S from Sprint has just received a maintenance update, updating the handset’s software version to LS670ZV9. Just what does this update contain? Well, apart from the standard bug fixes and enhancements, most of those who have updated their respective Optimus S’ will find one key feature thrown into the mix that is more than welcome – Swype. For the uninitiated, Swype is a far superior text composing method compared to just tapping keys on the virtual keyboard which more often than not leads to mistakes, and the native autocorrect doesn’t help that much either. Once you’ve tasted the goodness of Swype, trust us, it is pretty hard to turn back. This software keyboard alternative will be pre-installed on Verizon’s version, so it is nice to see this update ensure the Optimus S does not lag behind other offerings from different carriers, keeping existing customers happy. Since this is an Over The Air (OTA) update, you need not do anything but wait for it to be pushed to your handset.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe