The Matrox Extio F2408 is a KVM solution that can connect up to four displays in either a square 2 X 2 grid or in a linear 4 X 1 arrangement. The device also has 5 USB 2.0 ports for connecting keyboards, mice, and other peripherals, and features a “unique bus extension technology guarantees full HD resolution support and uncompromised workstation performance at the operator station.” There’s even an F2408 extender that can connect up to eight displays. The best part about the solution is the 1 KM worth of extension cable, so you’re PC can be in a different room if need be from where you display and peripherals are located.
“The Extio F2408 KVM extender allows system operators to benefit from a graphics platform that delivers the same image quality and system performance as if they were located at the host PC,” says Alain Thiffault, Business Development Manager, Matrox Graphics, Inc. “Extio transmits uncompressed data to and from the host system eliminating dropped frames, data latency, and artifacts for flawless image output on a productivity-enhancing, multi-display configuration of up to eight displays–even at 1 kilometer away!”
- 2013-07-31: Auckland Museum Constructs 16-Monitor Video Wall
- 2013-01-29: 32-Monitor Matrox Mura-Powered Video Wall In Action
- 2011-04-11: Matrox Mura MPX Series gives you a 12 monitor setup
- 2011-02-28: Matrox Extio F2208 KVM extender lets you control your computer from up to 1KM away
- 2010-01-28: Matrox DualHead2Go and TripleHead2Go Graphics eXpansion Module
- 2010-11-10: Matrox KVM Extender Supports 4 Displays and Uber-Long 1 KM Extension Cable