If you’re feeling rather flush and want to add a new sports car to your garage, then you might consider driving home the new Mercedes Benz SLK that sports a Magic Sky Control vario-roof. Just what is the vario-roof, you ask? Well, it is a glass panel located in the center of the SLK’s retractable hardtop, allowing you to control the tinting level of the glass panel itself, where it will enlist the help of fairy magic – no, we jest, it will re-align light blocking crystals within the vario-roof so that you can control just how much sky you want to see. This option can be yours for $2,800 thereabouts, or would you prefer to spend that kind of dough on a new sound system?
- 2014-03-06: Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- 2014-03-06: Google’s Projected Mode System Could Feature In Mercedes Benz Cars
- 2014-03-03: Mercedes-Benz To Add Android Support When Google's Car Infotainment System Is Ready
- 2014-01-07: Mercedes-Benz To Add Nest Thermostat Control In Vehicles
- 2013-07-30: Mercedes-Benz Wants To Use Google Glass To Provide A Seamless GPS Experience
- 2011-09-12: Mercedes Benz F 125 gullwing coupe concept to debut this week?
- 2011-04-07: Mercedes-Benz Concept A-class seemingly hails from the future
- 2011-03-20: Brabus updates iBusiness multimedia system to version 2.0