There are so many iPhone/iPod docks out there that it’s hard to differentiate one product from another but Optoma’s Neo-i iPhone/iPod speaker dock manages to do this by integrating its own pico projector. The device is capable of projecting an 854 x 480 pixel resolution image as large as 120 inches, turning it into a portable movie system for regular photos and any app that supports TV out, such as Netflix. You’ll need a rather dark room as it’s rated at just 50 lumens of brightness and offers 16W of stereo audio. Aside from the iPhone/iPod, the Neo-i is capable of accepting video sources from an HDMI or VGA connection, which means support for an Apple TV or the iPad via a Dock Connector to VGA adapter. The controls on the dock itself and the bundled IR remote give users the ability to control the music to their liking. Such a device won’t come cheap though, so you’ll need to be prepared to shell out $449 when it ships in mid-December.RELATED
- Flipboard Adds Audio to its Social Magazine with SoundCloud
- Donya's New Video And Audio Out Dongle For Your iOS Devices
- PanoPal Is An iPhone, Android Accessory That Helps Take Panoramic Shots
- Schneider Unveils iPro Series 2 Lenses For The iPhone 5
- Twitter Music iOS App Currently Available For 'Influencers'
- Follow: dock, iPhone, iphone dock, ipod, ipod dock, optoma, pico projector, projector,
- Seen at: pcmag