Stereoscopic 3D is the biggest thing since, well, plasma and LCD TVs, and Planar wants to dip their fingers in this market niche as well with their latest release, a 23-inch 3D monitor. This will be very different from what the company normally offers, which would be high-end models. Known as the SA2311W display, it will come with a 120Hz refresh rate, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2ms response time, VGA/dual-link DVI/HDMI inputs as well as support for NVIDIA’s 3D Vision system. Of course, to make things easier for your posture, it comes with a height adjustable stand for better ergonomics. To make full use of it, make sure you have a pair of active shutter glasses to go along with it. Not only that, Planar intends to up the ante with the first keyboard which was specially designed for users who use 3D active shutter glasses. Dubbed the ProGlow, it will feature seven adjustable light levels (inclusive of off), letting gamers recognize which keys their fingers are going to press without getting a headache in the process. Expect the Planar SA2311W display to retail for $449 with the ProGlow going for $185 from next month onwards.
- ASUS PQ321 4K 31.5-Inch Monitor Available For Pre-Order For $3,500
- Google Releases Google+ Photos App For Chromebook Pixel
- Polycom New Solutions: RealPresence CloudAxis, New User Interface, RealPresence Desktop 2.0, Virtual Edge Executive Desktop
- iPhoto '12 for Mac could be arriving this summer and rumored to bring over some iOS features
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 now available