Seems that someone jumped the gun with the press release as PocketBook USA just confirmed that it will be offering the first Mirasol e-reader at CES 2011. Details are scarce at the moment but apparently the prototype is capable of handling 12 frames per second (FPS), so that probably rules out video (which normally runs at 30FPS). The Mirasol display used is estimated to cost about one and a half times that of an E-Ink display. If the reports are true, the device will be hitting the market in Q3 of 2011. If you’re unfamiliar with it, the benefits of a Mirasol display would be its low power consumption and the ability to be display content easily even in direct sunlight.RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: eink, mirasol, pocketbook,
- Seen at: the-digital-reader