Sony Optiarc intends to hasten the adoption of 3D Blu-ray discs (3D BD) by introducing a range of new 12x Blu-ray writers which will play nice with the BD 3D format as well. Coming in the form of the BD-5300S and BWU-500S, which will start to ship in a variety of retail and OEM configurations, where you will be able to enjoy Blu-ray 3D playback, 12x burning of BD-R media (dual-layer steps down to 8x) and a copy of CyberLink’s Media Suite 8 right out of the box. While there isn’t any word on pricing or availability, they ought to start hitting retail stores within the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2010-07-13 PS3 To Get 3D YouTube And Blu-ray Support
- 2010-09-16 Blu-ray 3D Disc Playback Support Coming To PS3 On Sept 21st
- 2010-09-21 Sony BDX-S500U brings Blu-ray playback to notebooks and netbooks