TomTom is still going strong in the GPS navigation business, where the company has just unveiled yet another two more models to arrive in the US – we’re looking at the TomTom Go 2405TM and Go 2505TM. Both GPS navigators will sport TomTom’s newer user interface, multi-touch support for its display as well as a capacitive glass touchscreen which lets you pinch to zoom and swipe between screens. Not only that, routing has also seen a great improvement via on-the-spot changes to directions according to TomTom.
Using a new code routine, it will constantly monitor traffic while changing the route dynamically if it figures out you can arrive at your destination faster (and safer). With lifetime traffic and map updates, you will always have the most relevant maps in your hand. The TomTom Go 2405TM and Go 2505TM will retail for $300 and $320, respectively, with shipping commencing from the next few weeks onwards while retail shops will get theirs only in the middle of 2011 onwards. That’s a pretty large gap in between, so going shopping online does have a notable advantage this time around.
- 2014-04-02 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-01-03 TomTom Go Series with TomTom Traffic
- 2013-07-25 TomTom To Add Real-Time Traffic To BlackBerry 10 Maps App
- 2013-02-14 TomTom Rider, A Motorcycle GPS Guidance System
- 2013-02-05 TomTom Launches TomTomTaxi iPhone App For Taxi Hailing Service
- 2012-10-04 TomTom for Android makes its way into the Google Play store
- 2012-08-29 TomTom for Android to be announced at IFA