In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Verizon Wireless CEO Ivan Seidenberg talked about the company’s plans for tiered data pricing based on data speeds, much like the tiered rates on a home network, along with the fact that it is ahead of schedule with its 4G LTE network roll out. As such, we can begin to see 4G LTE phones and smartphones around February 2011–those phones will be showcased in January at CES.
Mr. Seidenberg [Verizon CEO] is expected to unveil a number of such 4G devices at the Consumer Electronic Show in January, and said he expects the first phone to come out in February, ahead of the company’s prior target of the first half of the year. He added the company has been pushing hard to accelerate the development of products, and said there would be more 4G devices in the market than expected.
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-12-05: Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- 2013-04-11: Verizon CEO Claims He Convinced Steve Jobs To Include LTE In The iPhone
- 2012-11-21: LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 now available from Verizon
- 2012-11-09: Verizon expected to complete LTE rollout mid-2013
- 2010-12-01: Verizon 4G Network Starts This Sunday