ViewSonic might be more famous for their range of affordable monitors, but let us put that expertise aside for today and look at what the company is offering on Amazon. We have caught whiff of the ViewSonic ViewPad 7 tablet in that section of the virtual world, where it retails for $600 a pop as a pre-order, although the listing does mention “Temporarily Out of Stock”. What is rather surprising would be the fact that the $600 price point is $120 more expensive compared to what ViewSonic themselves quoted a couple of weeks back, placing it firmly in Samsung Galaxy Tab territory without making any apology for it. Featuring front- and rear-facing cameras, the ViewSonic ViewPad 7 is powered by a 600MHz ARM processor, carries 512MB of internal memory, a microSDHC memory card slot, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, an integrated GPS sensor and a rather low resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. One thing that makes the ViewPad 7 stand out would be its ability to handle voice calls, something which is currently locked out of the Galaxy Tab in the US.
Next Story: Facebook Email is much more than 'Fmail'
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2010-04-12: Viewsonic VE620 And VE625 eBook Readers