Vudu is on a roll as Panasonic just announced that the movie streaming service would be featured on Panasonic’s new VIERA CAST Blu-Ray players (DMP-BDT350, DMP-BDT300, DMP-BDT100, DMP-BD85, DMP-BD65, DMP-B500). If you’re not familiar with Viera Cast, it is a smart TV platform that Panasonic has demonstrated at CES a while back (2008). It allows applications and services like Netflix, Amazon VOD, and many others to provide services that used to be reserved for PCs and Windows Media Center computers.
Vudu has been deployed in more and more hardware because they are using a very elegant platform model in which most of the work is done on Vudu’s servers, including rendering the user interface. This means that the vudu software in the Viera Cast devices is small and faster to build when compared to the competition.RELATED
- Time Warner Cable Open To Including Netflix On Its Set-Top Boxes
- Time Warner Cable Adding TWC TV App Support To Another Platform This Week
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Follow: bluray, movies, panasonic, streaming, video streaming, vod, vudu,