BGR is reporting on a developing story that select Windows Phone 7 devices may have difficulties joining secure WiFi networks. According to the report, the Dell Venue Pro and the HTC HD7, both of which are certified for T-Mobile USA’s wireless network, may be affected by the bug. When users try attempt to connect to secure wireless networks, an error message pops up, noting “your phone couldn’t reach the Wi-Fi network.” It’s unclear at this time whether the WiFi issue is a device problem, a network issue, or an OS build. The problem hasn’t been reported in the European launch of Windows Phone 7, which happened prior to the U.S. launch yesterday, and didn’t show up on the AT&T devices that UberGizmo has reviewed, including the HTC Surround and the Samsung Focus. We’re not sure what the culprit is and how many devices are affected at this time, but will update this story once we know more.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: bugs, Microsoft, wifi, windows phone, windows phone 7,
- Seen at: uberphones