[Web 2.0 Summit 2010] Yahoo! is rolling out its Local Offers Program with 20 partners including Groupon, GiltCity, Zozi, Crowdsaving and more (see picture). Through this program, Yahoo! will offer various deals and coupons to people according to their behavior, tastes and location – using data that the company is collecting about its users on a daily basis.
Local Search Enhancements: Yahoo! is launching Quick Apps : Yahoo! Sketch-a-Search will help people to find local restaurant on a map and other apps will allow users to make a reservation in OpenTable directly from Yahoo! Search.
Yahoo! Messenger Beta: the new messenger is out with integration of Twitter, Facebook and Zynga: people can play social games from publishers like Zynga, ELEX and OMGPOP, share their status across networks, and view, comment on, and “like” updates from Yahoo! Pulse, Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter – all from their instant messaging client. It offers interoperability with Facebook chat as well. Zynga will allow people to play Zynga games like Mafia Wars and FishVille on Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Games, My Yahoo!, Yahoo! Toolbar, and Yahoo! Pulse
Yahoo! Contributor Network: the Yahoo! Contributor Network is an evolution of the Associated Content platform, it will allow over 400,000 contributors to write content on the Yahoo! publishing platform, including sites like Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Sports. More information here.
Next Story: Altec Lansing Octiv Stage iPad dock announced
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2009-10-20: Evan Williams, Twitter's CEO: Still No Revenue Model
- 2009-10-21: Web 2.0 Summit Day 1, Photo Gallery
- 2009-10-21: Google gets access to Twitter data too
- 2010-07-22: Join Ubergizmo and Jason Fried/37Signals at 11amPT to discuss the new workplace
- 2010-11-16: Web 2.0 Summit 2010 Live Stream