Name us something that the iPhone cannot do in the comments, and weigh against what it can do, before coming to your own conclusion on whether to purchase it or not. For sure it cannot stop global warming, but at least we now know it can also monitor your heart rate courtesy of the 60beat iPhone heart rate monitor. This app will log your heart rate and combine it with GPS data, turning the iPhone into a personal training device. The 60beat device itself will connect via the audio jack side of your iPhone, picking up signals from any 5Khz or Polar compatible heart rate monitor chest strap. Interested? Just prepare $30 and you’re good to go.
Next Story: Lego Antikythera Machine Loves Astronomy
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2011-08-12: Cardiocam mirror displays heart rate