The Alienware M17x, on paper, does seem like one of the more powerful notebooks out there, capable of outperforming many desktops even when they’ve been specially kitted to run games. Word on the street has it that the Alienware M17x is now experiencing some power-related GPU issues according to a handful of users, where the GPU inside is said to use up more juice than what the notebook is capable of delivering. To add insult to the injury, it seems as though folks who are rocking to (or supposed to) the highest-end configuration have the highest chances of experiencing said issue, since an already maxed out system cannot cough up anything more than that to give the GPU what it needs. Dell has stopped short of giving out fully working replacements, but is said to have delivered a software fix for the issue which isn’t 100% foolproof just yet.
- Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- DIY Street View Is Now Available
- FBI Uses Your Webcams As Palantirs
- Samsung Unveils 1TB mSATA SSD
- Telepathwords Can Tell How Flimsy Your Passcodes Are
- Follow: alienware, gaming notebook, notebook, notebooks,
- Seen at: forum.notebookreview