Not every Android-powered device out there is blessed with the latest and greatest firmware update, sometimes due to carrier or hardware restrictions. Now the stats are in and according to the Android Market, Android 2.0 or higher is already on 83 percent of all Android devices with Android 2.2 Froyo already installed on over 43 percent of all Android devices, up 10 percent since October. Older versions of Android such as 1.5 and 1.6 are still around, but you’d expect the share to slowly shrink and maybe even disappear. With Android 2.3 and 3.0 on the horizon, we’re hoping that this chart will be updated pretty soon with those versions.
Next Story: AR.Drone Teardown
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2013-04-01 Android Market Share Dominates iOS Once Again In U.S.
- 2011-11-15 One in every two smartphones sold in the world run Android
- 2011-10-21 Android top smartphone purchases in Asia