Could Apple be planning to come up with something new that will blow away the current 3D TVs that are available in the market? The fruity company was recently granted a patent that produces 3D images and even holographic images without the need for glasses, which certainly sounds like something we’ve been dreaming about since we were kids.
The technology described would produce a kind of pseudo-holographic image as a result of the device’s ability to track and respond to observer movements. By tracking the movements of the eye locations of the observer, the images are adjusted to respond to the eye movements, producing the hologram effect. It doesn’t look like we’ll see an iPhone equipped with such technology anytime soon, but you can bet that we’re pretty stoked about the possibility of it.
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Microsoft Patents Kinect-like Feature For Future Smartphones/Tablets
- 2014-04-15 Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10 Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01 Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2013-12-17 Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11 Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-07-04 Apple Patents Self-Adjusting Earbud Headphones That Have Noise Cancellation
- 2013-07-03 Boston University Sues Apple For 1997 Patent Infringement
- 2011-05-26 Apple patents special displays that are viewable outdoors with sunglasses on