Apple has already dipped its toes into the social networking game via its Ping music-sharing service and now the fruity company has filed for a patent that describes a social networking tool for brick-and-mortar shopping, allowing iPhone owners to share comments, opinions and recommendations about any type of product. A store would allow customers to access a product list from their phone, which can then be shared through the social network, asking friends to give approval/rejection on the item as well as provide feedback, helping them make a buying decision.
The patent also allows users to create a community discussion, communicating and sharing easily with friends, without them having to be physically present with each other, which would be a good idea, since not everybody might live in nearby locations.
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Microsoft Patents Kinect-like Feature For Future Smartphones/Tablets
- 2014-04-15 Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10 Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01 Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2013-12-17 Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11 Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-07-04 Apple Patents Self-Adjusting Earbud Headphones That Have Noise Cancellation
- 2013-07-03 Boston University Sues Apple For 1997 Patent Infringement
- 2013-06-20 Apple Patent Looks At Mobile Fingerprint Scanner