Quite a few users have reported issues with Apple’s latest Apple TV, namely problems with downloading HD rentals and also problems completing HDMI handshakes between the device and their HD TVs. According to users, the wait for the HD rental movies can be hundreds of minutes, with one user claiming that it once was going to take over 3,000 minutes to load. Some users have managed to solve the issue by upgrading to a higher bandwidth connection while others are still reporting continued issues even with high-speed connections. The other issue might be related to compatibility issues as users report frequent HDMI handshakes between Apple TV and their TV. A user-compiled list of affected TVs includes models from Philips and Sony. It’s also worth noting that the latest Apple TV 4.1 firmware update doesn’t seem to resolve the issue either.RELATED
- OWC uses Elgato's EyeTV solutions for its latest media center setup
- Sanwa iPhone and iPad HDMI adapter
- Apple TV Showing Weird Colors On Sony And Philips TVs?
- Apple TV SHAtter Jailbreak Demoed On Video
- SHAtter Exploit Is Capable Of Jailbreaking The New Apple TV
- Follow: Apple Inc, apple tv, hdmi,
- Seen at: appleinsider