Quite a few users have reported issues with Apple’s latest Apple TV, namely problems with downloading HD rentals and also problems completing HDMI handshakes between the device and their HD TVs. According to users, the wait for the HD rental movies can be hundreds of minutes, with one user claiming that it once was going to take over 3,000 minutes to load. Some users have managed to solve the issue by upgrading to a higher bandwidth connection while others are still reporting continued issues even with high-speed connections. The other issue might be related to compatibility issues as users report frequent HDMI handshakes between Apple TV and their TV. A user-compiled list of affected TVs includes models from Philips and Sony. It’s also worth noting that the latest Apple TV 4.1 firmware update doesn’t seem to resolve the issue either.
Next Story: Google Doodles Now On Your Phone
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2014-04-02: Analyst Thinks Amazon's Fire TV Will Motivate Apple To Revamp The Apple TV
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2013-02-13: Apple Television SDK in May 2013? [Analyst]
- 2013-02-08: Apple Mysteriously Hires AMOLED Expert From LG
- 2012-12-19: Apple Tests HDTV Prototypes
- 2012-12-10: Former Apple Exec Believes Apple TV Will Not Happen
- 2012-11-16: Apple TV Launch Imminent?