With Netflix and similar services being offered, the way we consume media in this day and age has changed drastically. It’s worth remembering that movie studios are still keeping new release DVDs and Blu-ray discs out of instant rentals for a good 28 days after release, in an effort to ensure DVD/BD sales figures are still good. Now it seems that some studios have relaxed the constraints a bit as the DVDs for Warner Bros’ Inception and 20th Century Fox’s Knight and Day are being offered by NCR’s Blockbuster Express kiosks, though they’ll be rented for $2.99/night rate, much higher than the nightly rate of what Redbox offers. Will there eventually be a compromise/solution that will see consumers and movie studios both win?
- Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Limited Edition 24k Gold Nikon FA Spotted On eBay For $12,000
- Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- Sony RX10 Photo and Video Samples
- Follow: blockbuster,
- Seen at: engadget