The folks over at Boxee have given you a little early Christmas present with an update for the Boxee Box media streamer. One of the more notable updates is the option to specify what source you use the most to view media, such as online sources or your local files. You’re also offered the option for an hourly scan of SMB/UPnP/USB sources, making it easy to keep the device updated with your media in the house. If you’re a 3D fan, you’ll be able to view the subtitles and OSD when watching side-by-side or over/under videos, something that wasn’t available before. If you want to check out the full details of the update, you can check out the Boxee blog. The update should be automatically sent to your device, if not you can always manually update it too.
Next Story: Best Buy Releases Purchase Details Of Nexus S
- 2013-07-03 Samsung Confirms Boxee Acquisition
- 2013-07-03 Rumor: Samsung Purchased Boxee For Under $30 Million
- 2013-04-09 Boxee Box Rebranded To Cloud DVR
- 2012-10-26 Is Boxee Giving Away Free Boxee TVs?
- 2012-10-16 Boxee's Cloud DVR may convince you to ditch cable
- 2011-12-27 Boxee 1.5 update on the way
- 2011-11-16 Boxee Live: TV HD Tuner for Boxee Box
- 2011-08-30 MOG app now available for Boxee
- 2011-05-18 Boxee Box 1.1 firmware update fixed, no more Dolby Digital audio issues
- 2011-05-15 Boxee Box update keeps surround sound speakers quiet