Chumby shouldn’t be a stranger to those of you who dabble with the cloud market, and we are pleased to announce that an Android-friendly version of the app is now available. You can get it straight from the Android Market, although it will only be available to those who own devices which are powered by by Android 2.2 or later. Unfortunately, it isn’t free at all at the cost of $4.99 a pop. This application will function best on tablets, although smaller devices which are docked will also do. Meant to stream media in a passive way, this translates to your ability to stream photos, tweets from Twitter, or even status messages from your favorite social networking sites. The application itself can double up as a screensaver, working automatically in the background. We don’t think this will take up too much battery life in the long run though, so you might want to uncheck its box in the Task Killer program.
Next Story: Palm Pixi 2 out next month?
- 2014-04-24 ARM Expects 64-bit Android Devices By End Of The Year
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2013-03-26 Blackberry Q10 Will Support Android App Ports As Well
- 2012-12-13 Facebook For Android 2.0 Aims For Speed
- 2012-11-12 VINCI Curriculum Named as CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree
- 2012-08-28 SkyDrive App For Android Finally Arrives
- 2012-08-15 Swiftkey 3.0.1 Android keyboard adds colors and languages