The Comcast Xfinity Spectrum HD DVR is different from the other creatures in its mould, simply because it comes with a quartet of tuners, letting you use one of them to watch a show of your choice, while recording another three – simultaneously. We’ve always smiled at this paradox – DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) are meant for folks who don’t have the time to catch a particular favorite show of theirs, hence recording it for future viewing. If you don’t have the time in the first place, how are you ever going to catch up on your backlog of recorded videos – now with three more channels recorded at once? We’ll leave that to you to answer, but here’s more information on the Xfinity Spectrum as it will introduce Comcast’s Social TV concept that integrates social media services including Facebook and Twitter with your cable TV interface. Subscribers can also listen to music over Pandora, or watch YouTube videos. Connectivity options of the Spectrum comprise of component, composite, HDMI, S-video and digital audio out ports, not to mention USB, 1394 and Ethernet. There is still no word on pricing or availability, but having gone through the FCC today, it can be safe to assume that a launch date is imminent.
Next Story: Novatel USB551L LTE modem supports Mac
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-10: Comcast Wi-Fi Phone Service Rumored
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-03-23: Apple And Comcast In Talks Over Streaming TV Service [Rumor]
- 2014-03-10: House Of Cards Coming To Comcast Xfinity Store Sans Netflix