It was previously mentioned that a man claimed he was injured when his Motorola Droid 2 exploded in his ear during a call. Now reports are in that a source within Motorola believes that the man’s claims are false. The source believes that the phone was dropped and the person likely didn’t notice that the glass had cracked, thus cutting himself when he put his ear to it. It was also mentioned that the images of the device didn’t give any indication that an explosion had occurred, stating that the only things that could explode in a phone would have resulted in a phone that did not work, and this phone still worked. There was also no explosive damage to apparent on the device, such as things blown outward. Motorola has not given any official updates to the situation since it said that it would launch an investigation into the matter.
- 2012-04-15: Motorola Droid 2 bugfix OTA update coming soon
- 2011-09-01: Motorola DROID 2 receives Android 2.3 Gingerbread update at last
- 2011-08-25: Droid 2 Gingerbread update detailed
- 2011-03-28: Official Gingerbread update for Droid X and Droid 2 leaked
- 2010-12-16: Best Buy Drops Motorola Droid 2 Global, Droid Pro from Inventory