Technology can be pretty scary at times when you chart its progress – case in point, facial recognition on Facebook Photos that will automatically suggest people to tag. This potentially controversial upgrade will let you know who you should tag simply based on on facial recognition technology whenever you upload a new photo. This new feature is known as Tag Suggestions, where it will start to permeate folks based in the US from next week onwards. Facebook Vice President of Products Chris Cox has also mentioned that Tag Suggestions will rely on in-house technology which was built from scratch, although he did not venture far enough to suggest the partners Facebook worked with for Tag Suggestions. Be prepared to have more people know your social movement now with Tag Suggestions in full swing!
Next Story: SkyKap Advisor merges golf and GPS in one device
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2011-08-25: Facebook to introduce photo filters?
- 2011-07-27: Facebook makes it easier to opt out of facial recognition photo tagging
- 2011-06-15: Facebook iOS photo sharing app leaked (updated)
- 2011-06-07: Facebook facial recognition rolls out worldwide
- 2010-10-26: Killer App Revamped: Yahoo! Mail Beta