Being a parent is a heavy responsibility, and among those include leading and guiding your soon-to-be nest leaver in the right path of life. You not only have to make sure they mix with the right crowd, but also ensure they listen and watch the correct stuff. Ford Motor intends to change that, offering parents the opportunity to actually block any of the 16 channels on Sirius Satellite Radio which could potentially carry raunchy programming. Among the channels include those of shock jock Howard Stern, Playboy, Hip-Hop Nation and Raw Dog Comedy. Since there are plenty of mature content programming going on, what’s the harm in handing the power of controlled censorship over to parents? It will be added later next year to Ford’s MyKey system, where it allows parents to limit the vehicle’s top speed and audio volume, while delivering an early warning of low fuel and mutes the audio until the seat belt is buckled.
- 2014-02-27 Ford Sync May Not Necessarily Dump Microsoft For BlackBerry
- 2014-02-23 Ford Sync System May Switch From Microsoft To BlackBerry
- 2014-01-22 Ford's New Automated Driving Research Projects In The Pipeline
- 2014-01-10 Ford Hybrid Semi-Solar Vehicle Could Usher In A New Era Of Green Rides
- 2014-01-08 Ford CEO Alan Mulally Debunks Rumors Of Being Next Microsoft Boss