In a report by Business Insider, Google was close to purchasing subscription-based streaming music service Spotify or Rhapsody, but the deals were shelved because of internal politics. Three different groups were fighting for control and ownership inside Google, and couldn’t agree on an approach. Instead of a streaming service, Google is now looking to build a digital locker, which will store user-owned music and allow users to stream their own content to a device.
Next Story: iBooks Updated with Collections, Printing
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-06-13: Google Music Update Delivers New Bandwidth Usage Setting
- 2012-12-18: Google Music Now Has Scan And Match Feature In U.S. For Free
- 2012-11-16: Google Music scan and match feature rumored to be already working in Europe